[Coral-List] Caribbean Island seeks Environmental Education Intern
sabapark.intern at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:02:24 EDT 2016
Caribbean Island seeks Environmental Education Intern
Please read the information below carefully. Any responses that do not
follow the guidelines will be ignored.
We are looking for the right dynamic personality to fill an intern
position. Saba Conservation Foundation is located on the diving destination
island of Saba in the Dutch Caribbean (28 miles from St. Maarten). The
island offers great rainforest hiking, a small village and community appeal
while attracting an eclectic international group of people. Below and
attached is additional information about the internship.
What we are looking for:
- A diver who is passionate about the environment
- Rescue Diver certified preferred, Advanced Open Water Certification
- Person with excellent English writing and research skills (any
additional languages are a plus, particularly Spanish or Dutch)
- General office skills, proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and
Point of Sale experience is a plus
- This is an unpaid internship. You should have the financial means to
pay a ticket to Saba and for accommodations while on Saba. An agreement can
be worked out with the local Eco-Hotel for reduced priced accommodations in
exchange for helping them during your off-time.
- Must be on Saba by May 28th, 2016. Dates and length of internship is
flexible, but will need to be decided prior to starting internship.
- Preference will be given to persons with or working on an
undergraduate degree with a marine science/environmental background.
What can you expect from us:
- Experience working with kids and young adults in Environmental
- Extensive professional experience working in a non-profit foundation
- Great networking opportunities with world renowned scientists and dive
- Volunteering opportunities with Child Focus Foundation, Saba
Hyperbaric Facility, Sea & Learn on Saba Foundation and more.
- Additional opportunities possible upon completion of Education
- This is an unpaid position.
If you’re interested in applying, send an email to
sabapark.intern at gmail.com Applications
will be accepted until the position is filled. Please be sure your message
- One paragraph describing why you think you are the ideal candidate
- Where passport is issued
- Where you are presently located
- Expiration Date of your Passport
- Date of Birth
- # of dives in your lifetime
- level of certification & certifying agency
- Dates you are available
- Photo—should be no more than 250 kb, please.
- Please also include any questions you may have.
Before contacting us, please read through our website. www.sabapark.org
Other useful links: www.sabatourism.com, www.seasaba.com
You should expect an acknowledgment of receiving your application within 24
hours. More detailed information will be provided to serious candidates
followed by a phone interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Link to Google Drive for Job Description:
More information about the Coral-List