[Coral-List] Two news stories about coral reefs

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:23:10 EDT 2016

Dear Phil,

I agree with your assessment. We know what to do to save coral reefs and other ecosystems on Earth.

Yet, we, humans, are not doing what must be done.

Coral-Listers can feel devastated when confronted with the hard truth. We get the Cassandra complex, condemned to foresee what is to come, what we must do to avoid it, while nobody listens, nobody cares, or at least not enough people of the 7 billion and counting cares enough to change.

I don't have a magic wand to fix the problem at once. In dark times like this, I remember the African hummingbird story.

There's a great short video, from Dirt! The Movie where Wangari Maathai tells the hummingbird tale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw

So I'll be a hummingbird, and I'll do what I can.

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Blog: http://grouperluna.wordpress.com
http://independent.academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres