[Coral-List] Two news stories about coral reefs

Damien Beri beridl at g.cofc.edu
Mon Aug 22 13:11:43 EDT 2016

We have all seen divers kick over countless coral heads which take many years to grow.  There is simply no economic relation in $ which relates to the time for these corals to grow, and the money that the dive industry makes.  Virtually nothing makes it back to the reefs from the dive industry besides awareness and a few NGOs. It's necessary to have divers, and to share the reef love.  But it's also necessary to all admit to ourselves that every single diver on the planet has at point damaged something living on a reef.

Sent from my iPhone