[Coral-List] Two news stories about coral reefs

Paul Sammarco psammarco at lumcon.edu
Wed Aug 24 15:21:20 EDT 2016

Dear Terri,

I seem to recall that there was a similar problem with jets.  They were
burning dirty fuel with a lot of Sulfur in it, and ejecting a lot of SO2
into the atmosphere.  A mixed result.  The SO2 was eating up a lot of ozone
in the upper atmosphere.  On the other hand, it also increases the albedo of
the earth.  Eventually, I think they started cleaning up the jet fuel.  I do
not know how clean it is at present.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul W. Sammarco, Ph.D.
Professor
Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON)
8124 Hwy. 56
Chauvin, LA  70344-2110

1-985-851-2876 (tel)
1-985-851-2874 (FAX)