[Coral-List] More on the Anthropocene, coral reefs and US politics

Paul Sammarco psammarco at lumcon.edu
Thu Dec 8 14:44:13 EST 2016

Dear Peter,

Well said.

Corals are the canaries of the reef ecosystem because of their limited
environmental tolerances and heightened sensitivity to environmental change,
and coral reef ecosystems are the canaries for the other ecosystems of the
world.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul W. Sammarco, Ph.D.
Professor
Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON)
8124 Hwy. 56
Chauvin, LA  70344-2110

1-985-851-2876 (tel)
1-985-851-2874 (FAX)