[Coral-List] Isla Mar Research Expeditions - your field course assistance in Puerto Rico

Chelsea Harms-Tuohy chelsea.harms at upr.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:37:53 EST 2016

Hello all,

I would like to take a moment to introduce a new company in science and
education - Isla Mar Research Expeditions <http://www.islamarexp.com> -
located in Puerto Rico.

We provide professors, educators and students with an incredible hands-on
experience in the field, whether that involves diving/snorkeling or
exploring the island biogeography of this beautiful Caribbean paradise. We
are certified AAUS scientific divers, dive masters and a licensed captain,
insured and locally operated. We have over 25 years of combined diving
experience and have been leading/assisting with field courses in Puerto
Rico since 2012, but officially as our company since July 2015.

If you are looking to expose your students to marine science through a
field-based research expedition, then take a look at what we can offer you:
www.islamarexp.com .

We can be as involved as you like - from planning, organizing and
coordinating your entire stay on the island, to teaching field-based
research techniques (like underwater visual census and fish ID) and
classroom sessions on coral reef ecology.

Lastly, we also offer our scientific services to researchers looking to
conduct fieldwork in Puerto Rico or around the Caribbean - anything from
fish/benthic census and technical diving with closed-circuit rebreathers,
to organizing internships working with local graduate students.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you on the island!

*Chelsea Harms-Tuohy, M.S*.

Ph.D. Candidate
University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
Department of Marine Sciences