[Coral-List] El Nino - another view

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Thu Feb 25 16:23:30 EST 2016

Gene,
Thanks for this link.  It's amazing how the use of different adjectives and adverbs can make what is essentially the same story (el Nino has passed its peak and conditions now returning to normal and perhaps on to la Nina) can sound so different.  Admittedly, the NOAA modelling which Mark Eakin drew our attention to a couple of days ago, is less certain about the tip into la Nina territory than the Japanese or Scripps models apparently are.

All I know is that lots of corals have bleached, and my winter has been surprisingly mild when it is not savagely cold due to a polar vortex breakout.

Peter

web:                      www.petersalebooks.com<http://www.petersalebooks.com/>
Twitter:                @PeterSale3