[Coral-List] Help us SAVE #Varadero #CoralesBahíaCartagena #Colombia

Observatorio Pro Arrecifes Coralinos icri.colombia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 13:26:33 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

It was a pleasure to see you again at the ICRS in Hawaii. Although
there were some bad news about coral bleaching and decline in many
coral reef areas, there were also good news about the findings of
natural refugia for climate change adaptation and resilience in others
(e.g. #Varadero #Colombia #CoralesBahíaCartagena). As the Colombian
Coral Reef Scientific Community gathered before the 24th of June
plenary, we ask you to support the protection of this resilient reef
at risk of being destroyed from dredging. We are glad to know that we
will receive in the following days a letter of support from the ICRS
organizer, ISRS and NOAA Coral Reef Watch Program. Since many of you
also wanted to show your support. Here is the Petition link where you
can add your email:

https://secure.avaaz.org/es/petition/Gobierno_Colombia_Presidente_Juan_Manuel_Santos_Salve_y_Proteja_CoralesBahiaCartagena_Varadero_Colombia_ArrecifesCoral/?aPOJScb

Many Thanks on behalf of the Conservation of this resilient reef. It
is still time #TakeAction

Nohora Galvis

Directora Observatorio Pro Arrecifes /Fundación ICRI Colombia

Coordinadora Red Nacional de Observadores Voluntarios del Arrecife (RENOVO)

+Info
https://www.facebook.com/ICRI.COLOMBIA
https://twitter.com/ArrecifesCoral
https://twitter.com/ICRIcolombia