[Coral-List] NEED ADVICE!! - ACTIVE MORTALITY EVENT AT FLOWER GARDENS!

Rüdiger Siek ruediger.siek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:06:49 EDT 2016

Dear all,

Are you sure that this has nothing to do with anoxic / dead zone?
First of all I thought that this might be a corresponding event of
dinoflagellates + abnormal high temperature which led to a production of
toxic secondary metabolites. But Steve told me, that the bacterial(?) mats
are white, not gold / brown.
As far as I know, those white bacterial(?) blooms correlate often with
anoxic events.
(When you import live rock for reef tanks and the rocks had too less water
/ air in the boxes you sometimes have white mats of bacteria.)

Kind regards,
Ruediger