[Coral-List] NEED ADVICE!! - ACTIVE MORTALITY EVENT AT FLOWER GARDENS!

Quenton Dokken qdokken at gulfmex.org
Fri Jul 29 10:08:16 EDT 2016

Good Day All,

This is indeed disturbing news.  I was on the FGB two weeks ago and there
was no indication of anything amiss.  Thoughts:

1) Spatial dimensions need to be established and monitored for change.
2) Water samples need to be taken and analyzed.
3) Semipermeable membranes need to be installed immediately to monitor water
quality.
4) Microbiologist need to be brought in to test for biological agents.
5) The East Bank needs to be "Out of Bounds" until the cause is known.  If
it is chemical, it could be dangerous to humans.  If it     	is
biological it could be spread by divers.
6) How are the fish reacting?

Quenton Dokken, Ph.D.
President/CEO
Gulf of Mexico Foundation, Inc.