[Coral-List] remote sensing

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Thu Jun 2 14:25:16 EDT 2016

I beg to differ about whether it is cutting edge or not. I was trained
in air photo and remote sensing interpretation in the 1970s and 1980s.

The range of platforms available now, the fact that almost everything is
digital now -- and available at much higher resolutions that was
possible 30 years ago -- allows for a much wider range of problems that
can be addressed and of analyses that can be attempted.

Even better, the lower cost of data and of software that can be used to
analyze it empowers a wider range of people to look at remote
sensing-based problems with new perspectives.

Later,

Dave