[Coral-List] ANTICIPATED FACULTY POSITION - MORE INFORMATION AT ICRS

Graham Forrester gforrester at uri.edu
Wed Jun 15 06:52:34 EDT 2016

ANTICIPATED FACULTY POSITION

The College of the Environment & Life Sciences (CELS) at the University of
Rhode Island has requested approval to search for a tenure-track Assistant
Professor with research interests in coral reef benthic ecology.  This
would be an academic year position with anticipated appointment August 1,
2017.

We hope to recruit a candidate who will develop a vibrant research program
in the ecology of benthic communities on coral reefs that is supported by
extramural funding.  Candidates developing a program that incorporates the
effects of anthropogenic stressors, and the collaborative study of
social-ecological systems would be especially encouraged to apply.
Teaching that will enhance both undergraduate and graduate degree programs
in CELS, plus advising and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate (MS,
PhD) students would be expected.  Responsibilities would involve research
(50%), teaching (40%) and service (10%).  The CELS website (
http://web.uri.edu/cels/) provides more information about the program and
research facilities at the University.  A Ph.D. in a relevant field, and at
least one year of postdoctoral experience at the time of application would
be required.

COME TALK TO US AT ICRS

Although the position is not yet approved, we encourage potential
candidates to contact either Graham Forrester (gforrester at uri.edu) or
Austin Humphries (humphries at uri.edu) at ICRS.