[Coral-List] Reef Check at the ICRS 2016 Honolulu

Reef Check Headquarters rcinfo at reefcheck.org
Thu Jun 16 13:24:23 EDT 2016

Calling all Reef Check scientists and supporters,

We would like to invite all of you to attend the ICRS bleaching/monitoring
Session 30: Coral Bleaching: Monitoring, Management Responses, and
Resilience.

Most importantly please attend the ISRS Town Hall Meeting Tuesday evening
21st June, 7 - 9 p.m.  Theatre 310 where shocking video will be shown of the
3rd Global Bleaching Event and we will discuss solutions.

TITLE: CLIMATE BLEACHING AND CLIMATE CHANGE: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE (POST
PARIS)

PURPOSE:
To obtain the views of the reef science community and generate their support
in relation to scientific, educational and political activities directed at
securing the future of coral reefs in the face of the threat posed by global
warming.

Speakers include:

Ruth Gates ISRS President & UH, Mark Eakin NOAA, Richard Vevers  Catlin
Seaview, Ove Hoegh-Guldberg Queensland Uni, Rupert Ormand Heriot Watt & ISRS

Gregor Hodgson Reef Check

**Finally --  Reef Check Social -- free beer for Reef Check scientists and
supporters after the Town Hall Meeting. Contact Gregor for invitation
(gregorh at reefcheck.org)

Reef Check Foundation
13723 Fiji Way Ste B2
Marina del Rey, CA 90292 USA