[Coral-List] ICRS 2013 community-based reef recovery lessons from Maui

Lauren Blickley lauren at swellconsultingservice.com
Mon Jun 20 23:35:09 EDT 2016

*In 2015, the Maui Coral Reef Recovery Team (MCRT) published the Maui Coral
Reef Recovery Plan (MCRP). The MCRP lays out a framework for
community-based, reef recovery. Members of MCRT and the sponsoring
organization, Maui Nui Marine Resource Council, will be on hand at ICRS all
week. As we all know, the time for action is now*. *We want to share our
work, lessons learned, and next steps with scientists, managers, and
non-profits across the world. You can access the full Maui Coral Reef
Recovery Plan* and

*Summary Document (we will be passing out copies at ICRS) online at
mnmrc.org. <http://www.mnmrc.com/maui-coral-reef-recovery-plan2/> *

*Please connect with us via email if you'd like more information and/or to
connect at ICRS. *

*Robin Newbold: robin at mnmrc.org <robin at mnmrc.org> (Chair, Maui Nui Marine
Resource Council) * *Lauren Blickley: lauren at mnmrc.org <lauren at mnmrc.org>
(Outreach Coordinator, Maui Nui Marine Resource Council)*

--
Lauren Blickley

*Founder*
*Swell Consulting*