[Coral-List] coral reefs scatter light like forests

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Wed Mar 2 08:40:46 EST 2016

Thanks Doug. This was another interesting talk in the AGU session I
mentioned earlier. The authors likened the situation to a tree canopy and
had some pretty interesting instrumentation to measure this. Somewhere I
read that the coral skeleton can also act as a sort of "fiber-optic" system
to distribute light. Is my brain just making this up or does someone know
something about this?

Best,

Dennis

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Douglas Fenner <douglasfennertassi at gmail.com