[Coral-List] Teaching Mega-Fauna to eat Invasive P. Volitans

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Wed Mar 9 14:34:13 EST 2016

Damien:

I have several good friends who have commented on the number of expensive
spear guns they have seen heading over the wall trailing a mouthfull of
lionfish. They have also noted that the sharks are getting increasingly
aggressive. This last January, we took 10 students to the US Virgin Islands
and a reasonable sized shark took a more than passive interest in them as
they were doing a reef transect.

I have posted before on my concerns over whether the hubris of  "*Homo
stupidus*" has exerted greater problems in causing problems or feeling they
can "fix" them. Perhaps it's my backwoods bent, but it just seemed like you
were having a bit too much fun trying to "make killing something
exhilerating".

Dennis