[Coral-List] reef fight

John Hocevar jhocevar at greenpeace.org
Mon Mar 28 12:44:04 EDT 2016

Hi -

I have been on this list for many years, and have followed the
discussions about what we as a community can do to prevent the loss of
coral reefs.

Today, I am looking for your help in identifying reefs that are
currently threatened by major development projects (eg resorts, ports,
or golf courses). Ideally, I'm looking for cases where there is a local
community trying to protect their reef from a large developer. Bringing
more support and attention to that kind of battle would be a powerful
story that we could turn into a local victory as well as a much bigger
story about the urgent need to protect reefs in general.

Please feel free to reply directly rather than to the full list.

John Hocevar
Oceans Campaign Director
Greenpeace USA
jhocevar at greenpeace.org