[Coral-List] using bubbles to remove CO2 from reef water

Charles Delbeek cdelbeek at calacademy.org
Mon May 2 14:18:23 EDT 2016

Isn't this just the same analogy as trying to bale out a leaky boat?  It
just keeps coming back in.

Haven't read the paper but isn't this just the same as increasing surface
agitation ... how do they know the bubble absorbed the CO2 as opposed to
the CO2 just coming out faster due to the surface agitation caused by the
bubbles hitting the surface? Same idea as a deaeration tower used in large
aquarium life support system.

*J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc. *Assistant Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences

Desk: 415.379.5303
Fax: 415.379.5304

*cdelbeek at calacademy.org <cdelbeek at calacademy.org> *www.calacademy.org

55 Music Concourse Dr.

Golden Gate Park

San Francisco CA 94118

Discover nature’s secret language in *Color of Life*, a dazzling new
exhibit—now open.