[Coral-List] Coral-List post "Call for EDGE Coral Fellowships"

Kirsty Richards kirsty.richards86 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 11:04:47 EDT 2016

Dear Coral-Listers,

I am pleased to announce that the Zoological Society of London’s EDGE of
Existence Programme is now accepting applications for 2-year funded
Fellowships on EDGE scleractinian coral species found on our curated
species list (www.edgeofexistence.org). We are particularly interested in
focussing on coral species found around the *African coast and in the
Western Indian Ocean,* but are accepting applications on all of the species
found on the list. Please find below the Fellowship advert and links to the
list of eligible species, as well as our lists for mammal, reptile,
amphibian and bird species.

http://edgeofexistence.org/conservation/become_fellow.php

*EDGE Fellowships*

The Zoological Society of London’s EDGE of Existence programme (
www.edgeofexistence.org) is the only global conservation initiative
focusing specifically on threatened species that represent a significant
amount of unique evolutionary history. One of the most effective ways in
which the programme is working to secure the future of EDGE species is by
awarding two-year Fellowships to future conservation leaders “EDGE Fellows”
working on poorly-known EDGE coral, mammals, amphibians, birds, and reptile
species. We are now accepting applications for the 2017-19 Fellowship
Programme.

EDGE Fellows follow a comprehensive two-year training programme comprising:

·         A 4-week Conservation Tools training course at the beginning of
the programme to provide Fellows with essential training in techniques to
plan and implement their project;

·         A grant of £10,000 to undertake a 2-year project on a
top-priority EDGE species;

·         Ongoing technical support/mentoring (achieved via online modules,
web-based tutorials/seminars, and field visits) throughout the Fellowship;

·         A 2-week Conservation Leadership training course in London on
successful completion of Fellowship to help Fellows prepare for the next
stage of their career.

The application form, guidelines, and eligibility criteria are available to
download on the EDGE of Existence website (
http://www.edgeofexistence.org/conservation/fellows.php) or can be
requested from the EDGE Fellows Co-ordinator (olivia.couchman at zsl.org). We
strongly encourage applicants to discuss their projects with us before
applying, and are happy to give feedback on a draft of the application
before the deadline.

The application deadline is *15th June 2016*. All applications will be
reviewed by a panel of experts. Successful applicants will be informed by
the end of August 2015.

We would be very grateful if you could forward the details below to anyone
that you feel may be interested in submitting an application.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Kirsty

*Kirsty Richards*

*Marine & Freshwater Projects Co-ordinator*

Conservation Programmes

Zoological Society of London

Regent's Park

London

NW1 4RY

+44 (0)207 449 6480

*kirsty.richards at zsl.org <kirsty.richards at zsl.org>*

Skype: kirsty5686

*www.zsl.org <http://www.zsl.org>*

Registered Charity in England and Wales no. 208728