[Coral-List] 2017 GoM Oil Spill & Ecosystem Science Conference Call for Sessions

suzanne garrett slgarrett at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 11:15:58 EDT 2016

The 2017 Gulf of Mexico
Oil Spill and Ecosystem Science Conference is now accepting
submissions for scientific sessions.

The 2017
conference theme, “Ecosystem
Approaches to Gulf Response and Restoration,” encourages
researchers to consider the application of their results to practical
use.  Looking across a broad range of disciplines, what have we learned
about oil spills and their impacts that can reduce uncertainty, mitigate
ecological, social and health impacts of a future spill, advance response
strategies, and improve how we approach restoration? Using scientific research
will be critical to informing planning, preparedness, response and recovery for
future events, and connecting this to decision makers in the response and
restoration communities will be key.

The 2017
conference invites sessions focused on the following objectives:

 Restoration
     and recovery
 Oil
     spill response and management strategies
 Human
     dimensions
 Ecological
     impacts (including deep-sea and mesophotic coral reefs)
 Long-term
     fate and impacts
 Breakdown
     and transport