[Coral-List] Climate Change

Ruben van Hooidonk ruben.van.hooidonk at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 3 14:21:33 EDT 2016

Hi,

Here are the numbers provided by USGS:

Volcanoes emit about 200 million tonnes of CO2 a year, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 emitted more than 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.

We need to to decarbonize our economies now so nature can take its course!

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html

Glad I could clear that up.
Ruben