[Coral-List] Bleaching Alerts in SE Caribbean

Mark Eakin - NOAA Federal mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 15 17:52:09 EST 2016

Coral Reef Watch’s 5 km products are showing Alert Level two for reefs along the coasts of Venezuela and NE Colombia and  Alert Level 1 for Venezuela’s offshore islands and the ABCs (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao).

Our regional virtual station status can be viewed using our Google Maps viewer: http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/vs/map.php
or list form: http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/vs/data.php

Please let us know if you see any bleaching (or no bleaching), preferably using our reporting forms at http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/research/coral_bleaching_report.php

Cheers,
Mark

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov
Twitter: @CoralReefWatch	FB: Coral Reef Watch

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

“We all know that human activities are changing the atmosphere in unexpected and in unprecedented ways...Together, we have a responsibility to ourselves and the generations to come to fulfill our stewardship obligations."
President George H.W. Bush, February 5 1990