[Coral-List] Society for Conservation Biology Coral Reefs Working Group

Observatorio Pro Arrecifes Coralinos icri.colombia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:48:55 EDT 2016

Thanks for your communication Dominique, Provisional Leader and Fraser
Provisional Deputy Leader of our SCB Coral Reefs Working Group. We
certainly welcome to join us, new coral reef researchers, conservation
professionals, stakeholders representatives and students.

A proof of the activities that support Making Marine Science Matter,
it is that the Executive Director of the Society for Conservation
Biology, Dr. Geri Unger wrote a letter to the President of Colombia
regarding our request to support the coral reefs conservation
https://www.facebook.com/ICRI.COLOMBIA/photos/a.444087122294022.91133.317788734923862/1098362696866458/?type=3&theater

A Coral Reefs Session is one of the activities that is being planned
for the Conference Steering Committee of  the 28th International
Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB) that will be held in
Cartagena, Colombia. We also hope that next year all the founders of
the SCB Coral Reefs Working Group and the new members that will join
us from the Coral-List can visit or learn more about our case study
#CoralesBahíaCartagena

Cordial saludo,

Nohora Galvis
One of the Founders of the SCB Coral Reefs Working Group
Directora Observatorio Pro Arrecifes
Fundación ICRI Colombia
Coordinadora Red Nacional de Observadores Voluntarios del Arrecife (RENOVO)

Follow us Facebook + Twitter @ArrecifesCoral e @ICRIcolombia