[Coral-List] Reef Safe Bill In Hawaii

Risk, Michael riskmj at mcmaster.ca
Tue Apr 11 19:10:03 EDT 2017

The role of the Devil's Advocate was to raise objections to the canonization of a candidate for sainthood. In this case, you do not seem to question the value of banning these sunscreens-you do seem to be allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Yes, there are other things we could do-point? This one action is dead easy, costs little (except to the companies that make the sunscreen) and has real impact.

If you really want to question development, etc etc, you may wish to investigate how it is that American companies were allowed to market a sunscreen containing a known carcinogen. European sunscreens do not contain this.

Mike