[Coral-List] SNP genotyping and community profiling workshops on Catalina Island

Eli Meyer meyere at oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 13 01:15:51 EDT 2017

Hi colleagues,

We still have room available in our annual summer genomics workshops on
Catalina Island, CA (Aug 11-15 & 15-23, 2017).

In addition to genomewide SNP genotyping, this year we're expanding to
include profiling community diversity using high-throughput amplicon
sequencing (e.g. ITS2). These tools are readily applicable to corals, and
we've had lots of interest from coral biologists in past years.

Our workshop is designed for biologists working in non-model species, who
lack background in programming or preparation of sequencing libraries. We
cover both the wet-lab and bioinformatics aspects in this hands-on
workshop. Your registration fee includes room and board (including plenty
of coffee), and also pilot data for up to 10 of your own samples.

For more information (including photos of the location and previous
workshops), please see:
http://people.oregonstate.edu/~meyere/workshops.html

Please feel free to contact any of the organizers with questions or to
register for one or both workshops.

Thanks, hope to see some of you on Catalina this August!

Eli Meyer, Oregon State University. eli.meyer at oregonstate.edu
Demian Willette, Loyola Marymount University. demian.willette at lmu.edu
Carly Kenkel, University of Southern California. carly.kenkel at gmail.com