[Coral-List] Save the Date: 5th International Marine Conservation Congress June 24-29, 2018

Matthew Tietbohl matthew.tietbohl at kaust.edu.sa
Sun Apr 16 10:32:57 EDT 2017

Save the date:
*5th International Marine Conservation Congress  *
*24 June – 29 June 2018 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia (KCH)*
“*Making Marine Science Matter*”

The Society for Conservation Biology’s Marine Section (SCB Marine) invites
you to attend the 5th International Marine Conservation Congress (IMCC5),
which will be held June 24 – 29 2018 in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia (Airport
code: KCH).

IMCC is a biennial meeting organized by SCB Marine. IMCC brings together
more than 1,000 marine scientists, professionals, stakeholders, and
students from around the world. The 2018 IMCC will feature sessions on
widely ranging topics, including tourism, marine protected areas,
fisheries, communication, sustainable seafood, climate change, endangered
species, citizen science, public engagement and much more. The theme of
IMCC5, Making Marine Science Matter, reflects our focus on applying
scientific research to conservation and sustainability. IMCC5 will also
feature the OceansOnline initiative, a full day dedicated to the uses of
communication and online resources for marine conservation, on 29 June
2018. You can find more information at: http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/
where other details will be shared as they become available.

If you have any questions, please contact the meeting chairs. We hope to
see you all there!

Sincerely,
Edward Hind-Ozan & The Steering Committee
IMCC5 Conference Chair

--

Matthew Tietbohl <https://reefecology.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/tietbohl.aspx>,
MSc Marine Science
PhD Candidate
Reef Ecology Lab <http://reefecology.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx>
Red Sea Research Center <http://rsrc.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx>
Building 2, Level 2, West Wing, Desk# 2206-WS03
PO Box 3374
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 23955-6900
Mobile Phone: +966 (0) 540 517549
(Matthew.Tietbohl at kaust.edu.sa)
Society for Conservation Biology Marine Section
<http://conbio.org/groups/sections/marine> Communications Committee
Twitter: @MattTietbs47 <https://twitter.com/MattTietbs47>
           @ReefEcologyLab <https://twitter.com/ReefEcologyLab>

--