[Coral-List] Evidence that ocean warming has caused most Caribbean coral loss

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Tue Apr 25 11:14:15 EDT 2017

Dear John and others,

Please don't forget to mention that the baseline in that graph is the PEAK of the LITTLE ICE AGE, and thus a very poor reference point for global warming. A better reference point would be the average temperature the first 10,000 years after the end of the last Ice Age, i.e., from 8,000 BC until today. In those 10,000 years there has been but one Little Ice Age, which is why glaciers advanced from the Middle Ages until the end of the 1800's and started receding in the 1900's. It is disingenuous to the point of willful desinformation to ignore this in the graphs and arguments.

Chances are we are heading towards a new Ice Age now, and that the warming we see at present is just an interlude to this general cooling that will take place over the next 50 to 100 thousand years.

Ulf Erlingsson