[Coral-List] coal redistribution

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Tue Apr 25 13:21:27 EDT 2017

Hi all:

After my last missive on China's shuffling of bad coal in for good coal
out, I got some very good information on total imports and exports related
to Australia and China. From these, it is clear that the situation is more
complex than we were told by Chinese scientists in Bejing. Once classes
end, I want to take a much closer look at those data and will try to sort
them out and report back. In the meantime, if anyone else has additional
data that take into account the sulphur contents and BTU per ton of
emissions of coal going into or out of either country (Australia/China - or
ideally, between them), that could provide a more granular data set.

Best,

Dennis

--
Dennis Hubbard
Chair, Dept of Geology-Oberlin College Oberlin OH 44074

* "When you get on the wrong train.... every stop is the wrong stop"*
 Benjamin Stein: "*Ludes, A Ballad of the Drug and the Dream*"