[Coral-List] Unknown coral observation; swollen tentacles?

Jessica Bellworthy jhbellworthy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:05:36 EDT 2017

I'm posting on behalf of aquarist Pedro Gomes who asked me about this photo
<https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21ABsV6082ZAgxmqw&cid=2E0225C6CC81797D&
id=2E0225C6CC81797D%214775&parId=2E0225C6CC81797D%211774&o=OneUp>  that he
took of Stylophora pistillata in his tank. Zoom in on the original photo and
you will see that some of the polyps have (what appears to me to be) a
single swollen tentacle without pigment.

Anyone seen this before or can explain to us what it might be caused by?

Thanks in advance,

Jess

Jessica Bellworthy

Ph.D. Student │Tropical Coral Ecophysiology

The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University,
Israel

The Interuniversity Institute for Marine Sciences in Eilat, P.O.B. 469,
Eilat 88103, Israel

Phone: +972 (0) 58 6637259

Email: jhbellworthy at gmail.com

Personal Website: www.jessicabellworthy.com