[Coral-List] The Dominican Republic

MelissaE Keyes melissae.keyes at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 12:09:45 EDT 2017

 Hello, Listers,
I wonder if anyone has dived  or surveyed the corals along the northern coast of the Dominican Republic?  Most of the coast is mountainous, with steep forested hills descending straight in to the sea, or ocean.  I believe that's the Atlantic.  There are only two bays with towns, the rest of the coast is generally devoid of humans.
I sailed along there once.  The water isn't clear at all, perhaps due to the Orinoco Plume.  Couldn't see the bottom in ten meters of green water.
At the entrance of the Luperon bay, someone scuba dived on a boat that had run aground, so we could best know how to free up the boat.  The man said he was surprised at how much living coral there was.
OK, thanks for your time and attention, I am just curious about this (maybe) pristine part of the Caribbean
Cheers,
Melissa E. Keyes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Melissa E. Keyes St. Croix, U.S.Virgin Islands