[Coral-List] National Research Council Post-Doc Opportunity at NOAA

James Hendee - NOAA Federal jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 10 08:37:37 EDT 2017

Greetings,

    Those of you interested in a National Research Council (NRC)
Post-Doc position for work at our NOAA laboratory in Miami, Florida, may
be interested in this position, below.  For more information on the NRC
Research Associateship Programs, please see this link:

    http://sites.nationalacademies.org/pga/rap/

    Note that the application process begins September 1, 2017 and ends
November 1, 2017 (two month window).

    Although I am the official advisor, one of our team of researchers
would be your day-to-day supervisor.  For more information about them
and our research programs, please see:

    http://www.coral.noaa.gov/

    If you're interested, you must first pass the NRC application
process before we can consider all applications (during January, 2018).

    Thanks, and I wish you well!

    Cheers,
    Jim

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    James C. Hendee <http://www.coral.noaa.gov/people/jim-hendee.html>,
    Ph.D.
    Director, Ocean Chemistry and Ecosystems Division
    Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory
    4301 Rickenbacker Causeway
    Miami, Florida  33149-1026
    Voice: 305 361-4396
    Fax: 305 361-4392
    Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
    http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/oced

            Opportunity at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
            (NOAA)

    *Multidisciplinary Coral Reef Studies Under NOAA's Coral Health and
    Monitoring Program at AOML In Miami, FL*

            Location

    Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory

    *RO#* 	Location
    *26.51.00.B6881* 	Miami, FL 33149

            Advisers

    Name 	E-mail 	Phone
    Hendee, James C. 	jim.hendee at noaa.gov <mailto:jim.hendee at noaa.gov>
    305.361.4396

            Description

    NOAA’s Coral Health and Monitoring Program (CHAMP) at the Atlantic
    Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory in Miami, Florida
    encompasses multiple coral reef ecosystem research themes:  1) Major
    Stressors:  ecosystem response to climate change, ocean
    acidification, overfishing, sea level rise, and land-based sources
    of pollution; 2) Ecosystem Recovery:  discovery of new techniques
    for coral restoration; 3) Ecosystem Health: coral growth,
    calcification, erosion, and recruitment;  4) Coral Bleaching:
    environmental correlates, modeling, host/zooxanthellae dynamics; 5)
    Coral ‘Omics:  transciptomic basis of disease, coral microbiome
    characterization, ‘omics-related bioinformatics; and, 6) remote,
    near real-time monitoring through the Coral Reef Early Warning
    System (CREWS) Network of in situmonitoring stations.

    Proposals should articulate how the applicant will assist in
    addressing one or more of these disciplines.  Priority will be given
    to applicants with field and/or laboratory experience studying coral
    reef ecosystems, or from a related discipline that is directly
    applicable.

            Eligibility

    Citizenship:  Open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and
    non-U.S. citizens
    Level:  Open to Postdoctoral and Senior applicants