[Coral-List] The SCUBA diving community supports Goliath Grouper protection

David Blakeway fathom5marineresearch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 17:48:58 EDT 2017

That's an interesting approach Matt. Ideas like that could make a
difference.

I think tagging en masse with today's technology would be too difficult,
others may know better.
Possibly the individuals could be photo-identified by their pattern of
spots, like the whale shark method.

Sarah, I think the photo on the Grouper Luna homepage, of 20+ grouper
milling about, could be counterproductive.
I guess it may be a spawning aggregation? (or they're being fed) but photos
like that may be used to support the
notion that grouper are overabundant.