[Coral-List] Two coral biologist positions
SELLERS, Tracey Jordan (Terri) CIV USARMY CESAJ (US)
Terri.Jordan-Sellers at usace.army.mil
Tue Jan 3 09:32:43 EST 2017
Happy New Year Coral-List!!
The Army Corps of Engineers - Jacksonville District is advertising for TWO coral biologist positions in their Jacksonville Headquarters offices.
Position #1 is a Term position, GS-11, not to exceed 4 years in duration. The position is open to the public. Advertisement is open until January 9, 2017. Relocation is not authorized. The position announcement # SCGV168235271873600D can be found here - https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/?keyword=SCGV168235271873600D&Location=&AutoCompleteSelected=
Position #2 is a permanent position, GS-11. The position is open to the public. Advertisement is open until January 9, 2017. Relocation is authorized. The position announcement # SCGV167988761869693D can be found here - https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/?keyword=SCGV167988761869693D&Location=&AutoCompleteSelected=
Duties for both positions include:
* Serves as a coral and benthic marine resource technical specialist on navigation and coastal civil works projects in the Coastal Section, Environmental Branch, Planning Division.
* Collects, analyzes, and evaluates data needed to prepare reports concerning water resources development and controversial navigation and coastal planning studies.
* Prepares scopes of work and cost estimates, as well as necessary evaluation factors for professional contracts.
* Coordinates work and studies with other interested Federal, state, and local government agencies, and cooperates with private concerned conservation groups.
* Attends meetings to assure environmental concerns are considered and provides input as required.
If you are interested in either position, please submit an application through the USA Jobs website. If you plan to apply for both positions, you will need to submit applications for each position individually.
Biologist/Regional Technical Specialist
Environmental Branch-Planning Division
Jacksonville District-US Army Corps of Engineers
PO Box 4970
Jacksonville, FL 32232
701 San Marco Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207-8175
More information about the Coral-List