[Coral-List] Regulations for operating a tourist submarine in coral reef areas

Kai Wulf sabapark.manager at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:41:04 EST 2017

Dear Coral Listers,

We have been approached by a small, very exclusive cruise-ship to permit regular operations of a 3 person U-Boat Worx C-Explorer 3 submarine, for their guests to explore the reefs in the Saba National Marine Park. The vessel has a depth range of up to 300 meters.
Does anybody have knowledge about existing rules, regulations or policies that we could use to include in the permit requirements for such an undertaking? Besides safety aspects, we are of course mainly interested in avoiding any damage or disturbances to our precious marine flora and fauna.
Your assistance would be much appreciated.
Best wishes for the New Year!
Regards,

Kai Wulf

Parks Manager