[Coral-List] Seminar tomorrow by Brian Kinlan: A systematic, regional approach to predictive modeling of habitat suitability for deep-sea corals in U.S. waters

Heather Coleman - NOAA Federal heather.coleman at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 4 13:23:58 EST 2017

Dear Coral List,

For those interested in deep-sea coral and related topics, we also have a
presentation following Brian's (thanks, Tracy, for the shout-out!), as well
as 4 more this month!

At 3:30pm Eastern time tomorrow, Morgan Kilgour from the Gulf of Mexico
Fishery Management Council will talk about ongoing efforts and challenges
for managing deep-sea corals in the Gulf.
Please join us:

*January 5, 2017 at 3-4pm ET*

3:00pm ET: *Brian Kinlan*, NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science,
Biogeography Branch

A systematic, regional approach to predictive modeling of habitat
suitability for deep-sea corals in U.S. waters

3:30pm ET: *Morgan Kilgour*, Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council

Ongoing Efforts and Challenges for Managing Deep-sea Corals in the Gulf of
Mexico

Register for both 1/5 presentations here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.c
om/register/8236288050617849092

*January 12, 2017 at 3-4pm ET*

3:00pm ET: *Robert McGuinn*, NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science

Bio-regional-Scale Analysis of Deep-Sea Coral Assemblage Composition Using
NOAA’s National Database of Deep-Sea Corals and Sponges

3:30pm ET: *Kiley Dancy*, Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council

Collaborative Development of Deep-Sea Coral Protected Areas in the US
Mid-Atlantic

Register for both 1/12 presentations here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.c
om/register/6301573096732081924

*January 19, 2017 at 3-4pm ET*

3:00pm ET: *Peter Etnoyer*, NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science

Where are the coral gardens? Mapping densities and condition of gorgonian
octocorals in the mesophotic depth zone of the Channel Islands National
Marine Sanctuary

3:30pm ET: *Janessy Frometa*, NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean
Science

Effects of oil and dispersants on *Swiftia exserta*, a structure-forming
deep-water octocoral from mesophotic reefs in the Gulf of Mexico

Register for both 1/19 presentations here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.c
om/register/2347373041482223108

Apologies for cross-posting,
Heather

--
Heather Coleman
Deep Sea Coral Research and Technology Program
heather.coleman at noaa.gov
http://www.habitat.noaa.gov/