[Coral-List] coral-list outage

Mike Jankulak mike.jankulak at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 10 15:46:55 EST 2017

Coral-List is online again after experiencing an unexpected outage. In
Eastern Standard Time parlance (i.e. where the server lives), we went
offline yesterday at about 4:30pm and we came back online today at about
3:30pm, so we were gone for roughly one day's time.

The issue was hardware failure following a power outage. We're back,
partly due to hardware replacement and partly due to restoring from
backups, and I think we're fully functional again. This message is doing
double-duty as both notification to coral-listers as well as test of the
repaired list.

If you have sent messages to the list in the last 24 hours, we might not
have received them. If you don't see your message show up in our online
archives by tomorrow then I'd recommend re-posting your message.

There may be some short maintenance outages in the coming days or weeks
as we kick the tires on this repair and make sure everything was done
properly. I will do my best to send warning of such outages before the
fact, and to keep the outages short.

Thanks as always for your participation in Coral-List, and please do not
hesitate to email us at <coral-list-owner at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> if you
have any questions about the list, our archives, or your posts.

regards,
Mike J+, coral-list mod team