[Coral-List] RES: Sediment spill monitoring instrument

Dore, Marina Marina.Dore at aecom.com
Mon Jan 16 14:36:13 EST 2017

Hi Ulf,

It seems very nice. I didn't understand where the device would be installed (e.g. vessel, seafloor) or the operation depth, but I was wondering if there is any way to couple some kind of sediment trap to the instrument. Or maybe the usage of acoustic technology?

To help you with some ideas, I recommend you to look for Autonomous Lander Vehicles and the paper below:

THE uSE oF SEDIMENT PRoFIlE IMAGING (SPI) FoR ENvIRoNMENTAl IMPAcT ASSESSMENTS AND MoNIToRING STuDIES: lESSoNS lEARNED FRoM THE PAST FouR DEcADES
JoSEPH D. GERMANo, DoNAlD c. RHoADS, RAyMoND M. vAlENTE, DREw A. cAREy & MARTIN SolAN
Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review, 2011, 49, 235-298

Cheers,

Marina P. Dore
Analista de Projetos, IAP
Project Analyst, IAP
D +55 21 2005-3668 NEW
marina.dore at aecom.com

AECOM
Praia de Botafogo, 440 - 24º andar
Rio de Janeiro RJ, CEP 22250-040, Brasil
T +55 21 2005-3677
F +55 21 2005-3660
aecom.com

Built to deliver a better world