[Coral-List] ~30 30m long/ deep geological cores available from a caribbean reef

Mark Vermeij carmabilog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:11:16 EST 2017

Dear All

We have obtained 30 cores (20cm diameter and approx. 30m long, some deeper)
that were drilled into a living reef on Curacao. It provides an interesting
geological record of (not sure how many of 1000's of years back) Caribbean
reef development. All cores were taken from a 300 x 100m area that now has
a rather vibrant reef on top of it.

We're not planning to use them, but if there is anybody out there that is
interested in having these cores for their work, they are available and you
can have them. If you are interested and willing to cover shipping costs,
we can send them to you.

If interested, send me an email so I can send you additional details.

Best regards

Mark

__________________________________
Dr. M.J.A. Vermeij

Science Director Carmabi Foundation
Piscaderabaai z/n, Willemstad, Curaçao
Web: http://www.researchstationcarmabi.org/

Associate professor
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
University of Amsterdam
Science Park 700, 1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Web: http://www.science.uva.nl/ibed/home.cfm

Phone: +5999-5103067