[Coral-List] #oceanoptimism, sort of...

Douglas Ryan stardiverdwr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:54:24 EST 2017

I actually like that idea a lot.  As a PADI instructor and a teacher of
Marine and Environmental Science in a formal setting, I'd love to write
that module.

I reckon PADI would want to do some market research to see if potential
customers actually want to pay to sit through such a module, and there
would be a substantial cost to updating the course materials and training
Course Directors and Instructors to teach it.  On the other hand, it would
be great press for PADI and my sense has always been that the organization
does love coral and recognizes that they benefit from working toward its
protection.

The recreational scuba diver can be, and in my experience often is, a
powerful voice in favor of coral protection and conservation.  I think the
recreational diving public would welcome additional training that made them
more aware of the threats to the ocean realm and the role they play in
combating them.