[Coral-List] pushing Paris while pulling no punches

rnharag rnharag at uol.com.br
Fri Jul 7 13:54:09 EDT 2017

Dear listers, David, Steve, Les, please excuse me to do my
contribution in this subject under discussion. We are all seeking salvation
of coral reefs but in our choices, we can not forget that corals
besides being of great importance for the marine life, are also the
indicators of the high risk of death that the sea and marine life are
facing, with serious future consequences for the economy and the
human life.

I venture to say that the main root of everything we face is
in the lack of consciousness and in the behavior of human beings, in this life
modernization, which did not prioritize sustainable practices and technological advances,
made available that did not respect the need for the balance of life
with Nature. Some cases, perhaps due to a lack of knowledge of the
consequences, but others driven by the greed of financial gain. Get
an increase in awareness and the adhesion of governments, companies and populations,
about future risks, will facilitate the increase, coverage and simultaneous solutions
required.

Global warming and many other threats to our habitat are linked
to this root, of human evolution, which is accepted by many but denied by
some. The final solutions are complex, because evolution has generated many
ramifications that cause a wide variety of consequences, at the
such as coral reefs, threatened by local and global stressors.

As everything is interconnected on the planet and in life, isolated solutions will have
little effect, which is why simultaneous actions should be planned, to have the
elimination of all the causes involved.
Possible to increase the simultaneity and scope of the causes involved, it would be
necessary to raise the awareness of governments, companies and humanity,
which will be more effective if it is activated through organizations as
the Paris agreement, which is realigning our technology and our life,
in the pursuit of sustainability and conservation of our habitat.

However, as the situation is becoming critical in some
aspects and time is becoming scarce, there needs to be
an additional effort for governments, entrepreneurs and the population to accelerate
several simultaneous actions, for a more Radical and Urgent change in the
recovery of the sustainability of life and in the increase of investments that
help to rebalance our habitat. Here is the observation that we do not have
another planet to live, beyond Earth.

We have contributed to the solution of the global threat caused by global heating to
coral reefs, especially in marine protected areas, where
local stressors are under control. In the absence of technologies that can neutralize
global stressors, we use the energy made available by the Universe. More information
can be obtained in our website www.coralsurvival.com.br that presents our work and
results obtained.

We consider the cultivation of corals an important action for the recovery of
bleached corals and dead, but if there is no awareness of the
population and governments to eliminate local stressors, the work
may be unsuccessful.

As global warming and other accumulated planetary imbalances have already
begun to reach critical levels, and the speed are evolving faster than foreseen,
it is urgent to reduce CO2 or we will exceed the 1.5 ° C limit of the Paris
agreement. The propositions placed by the participants of the agreement,
for now they are reaching the about 3º C, which will cause irreversible
damage to life on the Planet.

I see as a solution for corals, the creation of great refuges for
to protect corals and marine life that can repopulate the regions
devastated. This deployment is only possible if there is an effective action
of governments and populations, interested and aware in creating and maintaining
refugees and in the absence of other technological means, accept a
partnership for the use of energy in the Universe.

Sorry for any translation errors.

Regards,
Ricardo Haraguchi
ricardo at coralsurvival.com.br