[Coral-List] Bob Ginsburg's passing

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 12 21:42:41 EDT 2017

Oh, my goodness.  So sorry to hear this.  I'll never forget Bob visiting
Peter Glynn and I at Lee Stocking Island and showing and telling us
about the uniqueness of stromatolites.  Diving with The Man of
Stromatolites and such a great mentor of the geology of coral reefs.
And watching with him work with Judy Lang and Phil Kramer on the
development of the great Atlantic monitoring protocol.  Such a great
guy, such a great pioneer.  I hadn't seen him in a while, but I will
miss him nonetheless.  A big sigh for sure. :'(