[Coral-List] sea level rise speeding up

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 16:07:23 EDT 2017

Satellite snafu masked true sea-level rise for decades.

http://www.nature.com/news/satellite-snafu-masked-true-sea-level-rise-for-decades-1.22312?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20170720&spMailingID=54526224&spUserID=MjA1NTA3MjA0OQS2&spJobID=1203043033&spReportId=MTIwMzA0MzAzMwS2

Open-access.

I note that they say that the new calculations fit with tide gauge records
around the world, all sources of info on sea level now agree.  I also note
that they report that average sea level rise around the world is now nearly
4 mm per year.  Sea level rise is of course important for coral reefs.

Cheers,  Doug

--
Douglas Fenner
Contractor for NOAA NMFS Protected Species, and consultant