[Coral-List] Second announcement: Gordon Research Conference on Mesophotic Coral Reef Ecosystems

Deborah Gochfeld gochfeld at olemiss.edu
Thu Jun 15 10:36:59 EDT 2017

Note:  Please contact Michael Lesser (mpl at unh.edu<mailto:mpl at unh.edu>) or Marc Slattery (slattery at olemiss.edu<mailto:slattery at olemiss.edu>) for further information.

Gordon Research Conference
"Mesophotic Coral Reef Ecosystems”
Michael Lesser and Marc Slattery, Co-chairs
June 17-22, 2018, Bates College, Maine, USA

Second Announcement
Please mark you calendars for the above conference on mesophotic coral reef ecosystems.  We have acquired financial support from the Gordon Research Conferences and the National Science Foundation for this event with more requests to the private sector to follow (any suggestions on whom to solicit support from our welcome!).  In the next two weeks invitations for “Discussion Leaders” to participate in the conference will be forthcoming.  These leaders will work with the chairs to invite selected speakers for their respective section. This will be followed by the publication of the full conference schedule and the opening of registration in the next few months. Financial support for Discussion Leaders and Speakers will also be available and depending on the total level of financial support we receive that can/will extend to registrants (i.e., grad students, post-docs and targeted underrepresented groups in our field [e.g., women]). Again, please mark your calendars!

Regards, Michael Lesser

Michael P. Lesser, Ph. D.
Research Professor of Marine Science
School of Marine Science and Ocean Engineering
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824

603-862-3442 Office
603-862-1215 Lab