[Coral-List] Fwd: Making Contact!

William Precht william.precht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:44:33 EDT 2017

To all,

It is a sad day indeed for coral reef science with the passing of Pedro Alcolado.

I have enclosed a note Pedro sent to me soon after Obama eased restrictions between the US and Cuba (see below). We can only hope someday these words will truly become reality.

I also want to point out that it through the coral list that Pedro shared his views on the status of reefs and reef conservation efforts. His sage words and contributions will be sorely missed.

My sympathies to his family, friends, students and colleagues.

Begin forwarded message: