[Coral-List] Insults to scientists

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Tue Mar 7 11:09:59 EST 2017

I'm sorry for al of you who are told things like that. But I'd like to give you all some serious advise.

My previous company, Hydroconsult AB, was an early environmental monitoring company in Sweden, and in the early 1960's our instruments were destroyed by the polluters of the rivers. By the 1970's the business climate had changed, and the companies came to us because they wanted help to save the environment without going out of business.

When I came aboard in the 1990's, the old guys (the average age was over 70) told me: Our job is to help the industry stay in business without destroying the environment. And that is what we did. When the environmentalists argued that something must be stopped, and industry argued that they had to do it, then it was our job to use our scientific expertise to come up with a solution that allowed industry to reach their overarching goal without hurting the environment.

What I see here in the U.S. is a big lack of willingness to FIND SOLUTIONS. It's locked positions: Dredge, or not dredge, when the solution would be to find a way to dredge without harming the coral reefs.

Don't tell me it's impossible, I KNOW that it is possible.

Ulf Erlingsson, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Lindorm, Inc.
10699 NW 123 St Rd