[Coral-List] Insults to scientists

Matt Nolan mpnolan at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 7 12:53:27 EST 2017

> seriously, .... whole head-in-the-sand and denial problem.

Yeah, I'm noticing a serious denial issue

The denial of the reality of an all or nothing proposition

that the we got to have it all solution is most likely we are going to
get nothing solution.

The denial of science of human nature and all that has been learned
about getting what you want.

My God you've got some one who doesn't understand the simple obvious
answer to the "How many babies
do we save?"  resource allocation/ economic problem is whatever
allocation saves the most babies,
out in the world speaking to people allocating resources for a living,
making those which babies are going to die
decisions on a daily basis.

What conclusion  do you expect they will come to about your cause if
that person is associated to your cause.

That you are naive and clueless.  This is no way that helps your cause.

If I were your opponent I'd ask for someone like to show up every time.

Letting that happen, wow, didn't anyone learn anything from the
Hillary vs Trump election.

People want to be on the side of nature, a clean world, for that they
don't need a lot of persuasion,

my opinion is they just need to see a well focused effort that they
feel they can attach their name too without alieanating too many other
groups.

Just let me say,  I admire anyone with a Ph.D..  I admire people with
passion.  Even more so people with passion for a good cause.

I have a saying

"Everyone is clueless in their own special way".

When I see cluelessness now, I remember my cluelessness and hope that
people can still see the bigger picture,

and tell myself, don't put down the human being, it just one behavior

"Everyone is clueless in their own special way"

Thats my opinion, my concern, based on my limited perception of the
probelm and issues.