[Coral-List] Insults to scientists

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Sat Mar 11 22:50:00 EST 2017

Hi,
I don't know if this is the kind of insult Charles Sheppard was thinking about, but for years I put up with knowing glances and comments about vacations from my lab scientist colleagues whenever I went into the field.  Even the secretarial staff joined in.  Used to bother me a bit - they were disrespecting my science.  But then one day I woke up and realized they were right.  I had a career filled with the joy of field work - even when conditions were terrible - while they were stuck behind a lab bench.  I'll take those insults any day.

Peter Sale
University of Windsor
www.petersalebooks.com<http://www.petersalebooks.com>