[Coral-List] NSF-FUNDED PHD GRADUATE POSITION AVAILABLE (UNIV. OF WASHINGTON)
lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu
Mon Mar 27 13:08:51 EDT 2017
PH.D. GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP (UNIV. OF WASHINGTON)
One (1) graduate student assistantship is available in the laboratory of Dr.. Jacqueline Padilla-Gamiño at the University of Washington to pursue an PhD in Aquatic and Fisheries Science as part of a funded NSF project to assess molecular processes involved in coral reproduction after bleaching stress.
The successful candidate must:
· Fulfill all admission requirements for the PhD in the School of Aquatic and Fisheries Science at the University of Washington.
· Have an MS (preferred) or BS in biology, chemistry, genetics, oceanography or related discipline.
· Have previous experience with field experiments, aquarium setup and maintenance, laboratory analyses related to coral physiology and/or coral molecular biology are highly desirable.
· Be proficient and comfortable in the ocean with small boats, swimming, and snorkeling is required; SCUBA certification is highly desirable..
· Be willing to travel to field location and work independently and with a research team.
· Email a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, GRE scores, and the names and contact information of three references able to speak about your academic experiences to Dr. Jacqueline Padilla-Gamiño (jpgamino at uw.edu<mailto:jpgamino at uw.edu>). Please provide all documents in a single file as an email attachment.
Deadline: April 1, 2017 or until the position is filled.
More information about the Coral-List