[Coral-List] ISRS Student Committee - Call for blog writers and editors

Jessica Bellworthy jhbellworthy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 02:05:32 EST 2017

Dear keen coral reef researchers,

Nine enthusiastic students have recently founded your
<https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/> ISRS STUDENT COMMITTEE. As part of
its activities, a focused team are now running a student run blog
<https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/blog/>
(https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/blog/) where you can be updated on
new and exciting coral reef science. This is your open opportunity to freely
promote your science to a wide audience.

Maybe you wish to promote your recent publication with a descriptive
summary, share stories/ pictures from fieldwork, or maybe request or share
insights on a new research method. Whatever it is, we want to hear from you.

**This is a call for writers and editors**

Send us a sample of your writing (800 words maximum). We highly encourage
including a few pictures or videos. We ask that the topic be coral reef
related but otherwise write freely. We urge you to write short, concise
pieces (400 words) but longer articles will also be welcome.

If you wish to be considered for the initial blog start up, please contact
us by 5th December 2017. If you wish to volunteer yourself as an editor
only, we would also love to hear from you! Please note, once launched, the
blog will work on a rolling submission, and therefore there will be no
subsequent formal deadlines.

Please send your articles and pictures to: jhbellworthy at gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Best wishes,

Your ISRS Student Committee

Jessica Bellworthy

Ph.D. Student │Tropical Coral Ecophysiology

The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University,
Israel

The Interuniversity Institute for Marine Sciences in Eilat, P.O.B. 469,
Eilat 88103, Israel

Phone: +972 (0) 58 6637259

Email: jhbellworthy at gmail.com

Personal Website: www.jessicabellworthy.com

ISRS Student Committee Website: www.isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com
<https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/>

Watch: The Gulf of Aqaba Coral Reef Refuge Hypothesis in Film
<https://youtu.be/E8W88WFauZU>

NEW PUBLICATION: Thermal Resilience of corals in the Gulf of Aqaba.
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00338-017-1598-1>

---