[Coral-List] ISRS Student Committee - Call for blog writers and editors

Johnny Langenheim johnnylangenheim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:10:53 EST 2017

Hi Jessica,

I wonder if there'd be some scope for content sharing on our Coral Triangle
<http://thecoraltriangle.com> site? While we are region specific, general
stories on reef science would also be of interest to us.

Let me know your thoughts!

Many thanks

Johnny

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Jessica Bellworthy <jhbellworthy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear keen coral reef researchers,
>
> Nine enthusiastic students have recently founded your
> <https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/> ISRS STUDENT COMMITTEE. As part
> of
> its activities, a focused team are now running a student run blog
> <https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/blog/>
> (https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/blog/) where you can be updated on
> new and exciting coral reef science. This is your open opportunity to
> freely
> promote your science to a wide audience.
>

> Maybe you wish to promote your recent publication with a descriptive
> summary, share stories/ pictures from fieldwork, or maybe request or share
> insights on a new research method. Whatever it is, we want to hear from
> you.
>

> **This is a call for writers and editors**
>

> Send us a sample of your writing (800 words maximum). We highly encourage
> including a few pictures or videos. We ask that the topic be coral reef
> related but otherwise write freely. We urge you to write short, concise
> pieces (400 words) but longer articles will also be welcome.
>
> If you wish to be considered for the initial blog start up, please contact
> us by 5th December 2017. If you wish to volunteer yourself as an editor
> only, we would also love to hear from you! Please note, once launched, the
> blog will work on a rolling submission, and therefore there will be no
> subsequent formal deadlines.
>

> Please send your articles and pictures to: jhbellworthy at gmail.com
>

> Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Your ISRS Student Committee

> Jessica Bellworthy
>
> Ph.D. Student │Tropical Coral Ecophysiology
>

> The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University,
> Israel
>
> The Interuniversity Institute for Marine Sciences in Eilat, P.O.B. 469,
> Eilat 88103, Israel
>

> Phone: +972 (0) 58 6637259
>
> Email: jhbellworthy at gmail.com
>
> Personal Website: www.jessicabellworthy.com
>
> ISRS Student Committee Website: www.isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com
> <https://isrsreefstudents.wordpress.com/>
>
> Watch: The Gulf of Aqaba Coral Reef Refuge Hypothesis in Film
> <https://youtu.be/E8W88WFauZU>
>

> NEW PUBLICATION: Thermal Resilience of corals in the Gulf of Aqaba.
> <https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00338-017-1598-1>
>

> ---

*J**ohnny Langenheim*
Creative Producer | M +44 7427 312 760
26 Charlotte Street London W1T2NE  | fablefilms.com
<http://fablefilms.com/>
thecoraltriangle.com